Chapter 1 teaser...

Hi gang! Okay so as you know, my new book, Traffic Jam, is out and about! So to entice you, I thought I'd post some chapter teasers for you! So read on and let me know what you think!

Chapter 1 Teaser:

Keri Anne nudged Val with her elbow. “How about you, Val? You going with anyone?”

Melissa snorted softly under her breath. Val looked at her with raised eyebrows.

            “What?”

            “Yeah, Val, are you going with anyone?”

There was a world of snobbery in her tone and she fixed Val with such a knowing look, Val wondered if she’d been taking lessons from Sam. Sam looked at her that way all the time—sly and amused, like she was waiting for the punch-line of a particularly raunchy joke. Except the joke was Val. She felt the skin on the back of her neck prickle.

            I am not that pathetic.

            Am I?

Frowning, she looked down at her cleats. “I’m…Well, I’m not sure if I’m going yet.”

She could almost feel Melissa’s smirk. “That’s code for no one’s asked you.”

Val narrowed her eyes at her. “How do you know?”

Melissa’s smirk deepened. “I would’ve heard otherwise.”

Val bit the inside of her cheek. God, she hated high school.

1 comment

  1. Oh, fantastic teaser. I totally love it. And your book is already on my tbr-pile. ;-)

    Piper

    ReplyDelete