Hey gang! Sad but true--this is the last week of the Children's Book Event! So rounding out the lovely month of September with all things children's book-related, here is an important question:
Why do you think children should be encouraged to read? What is the importance of reading for young children?
Reading is important to children for many reasons. As a matter of fact, being encouraged to read has such a variety of reasons that I'm going to list them all and if I've missed any, feel free to add:
1. It improves the brain cells
2. It gives them something else to do besides playing video games
3. It gives insight into worlds and places that they otherwise would never know about
4. It puts them in situations that they might otherwise never know about
5. Do you really want your kids watching "Honey Boo Boo?"
6. Do you really want your kids watching "Keeping Up with the Kardashians?"
7. Children will get a better education
8. It'll stop them from asking a dollar-store employee: "How much is this?"
9. It might even make them want to write books of their own
10. It provides a healthy escape
11. It gives them something to talk about
12. It gives them something to think about
13. It saves them from boredom on a rainy day
14. IT'S FUN!